CFL clutchFRAGGERS League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheInfamousHOSS

2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3 Empty
PostSubject: 2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3   2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:47 am

Step right up folks! Welcome to the Finals Series of the inaugural season of the Clutch Fraggers League! What a season it's been (aside from the forfeits from D(_)W, RitaLin and PureAim), we have seen the dramatic rise of 3 fairly new teams; cF, uNK and -MM- (2) and the continuation of form in =MM= (1) all coming together for a trully nail-biting Finals Series! Epic you say? Epic indeed! And I'm thanking the gods that be (erazer and mad.cow) for giving me the opportunity to play in one and referee one!

Well the teams are the new kids on the block, uNKNOWN and the "Rock of Ages" =MM= train and the map is dod_santos_b3. It's all on the line here and only one team can take the victory whilst the other must wallow in their self-demise! The map is Santos which will no doubt prove an interesting and level battlefield. All teams will be fairly familiar with Santos by now as it has become increasingly popular in the last year or so. The various combinations can go a long way to victory (i.e, How many to send water? How many broken bridge?). The timing on the cap on Santos is crucial too with it being so open from everywhere. Snipers will go a long way to tipping the balance and controlling the map. Expect some flowing rifle action in the water, Support smashing on the broken bridge and rifle & snipers lining each other up and frantically dodging bullets on the bridge. Use of the stairs and ladder at mid could mix either team up. Look for some big mid cap breaks too, nades can be brutal on the mid cap. And of course the goblin spots down the side flanks if used properly can give the element of surprise when clutching for a cap out. Team make up will go a long way towards deciding this although that's my usual conclusion. I expect we'll see a fairly tight contest over the middle of the map and not too many cap outs but I've been wrong before on these things!

Players to watch (if they play) for uNKNOWN: Vinceee, amNesia, Perpy

Players to watch (if they play) for =MM= (2): Beerfest, Sunshine Killer, Stalker

Prediction: =MM= (2) by a pube's width

We've seen some great stuff from both teams recently and this will be no exception, get into spec and watch if you're not playing! Good luck to both teams and enjoy the first round of CFL Finals history!

Details:
Vent Server
IP: 118.127.0.79
Port: 5115

Currently:
Shoutcasting Semi Two(uNKvsMM) 8:30PM AEDST: Erazer+Mad.Cow
Back to top Go down
http://www.nzgn.co.nz
pantallica

PostSubject: Re: 2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3   2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:28 pm

GG, shame you guys couldn't get 6, would've been a different story
Back to top Go down
TheInfamousHOSS

PostSubject: Re: 2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3   2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:58 am

Well the game didn't quite go as expected. =MM= were short a player for most of the game and short 2 players in the second half at the end when fatty had to leave for a CS:S game! o_O

The first half and the second half up till fatty left were actually rather close between the 2 teams, =MM='s slight edge on the opposition which I predicted was cancelled out by their shortage of a player and forced them into frantic play to counter uNK's full team of 6.

uNK came well prepared and had their full lineup ready to go including another appearance from Kabington and the return of Perpy (he was away for a while). They also looked more practiced in general for the game. Kab did well on sniper and although his score didn't necessarily reflect it, he was always in the right place at the right time and making the crucial kills necessary. Special mention for Pantallica who seems to be improving rapidly week by week with his uNK teammates and really looked dangerous in this match. AmNesia was probably the biggest standout for uNK causing chaos all over the map and downing 3 =MM= on their 1st in 1 second for an epic capout.

=MM= were all over the map frantically trying to combat uNK with only 5 players. They did a good job for the most part and the game was looking like a nail-biter despite the missing player but once fatty dropped out for a CS:S game in the second half it was all over red rover. uNK started to stack the caps on once they were playing against 4. Prior to fatty's departure he was making some real impacts on uNK with the rifle (in both halves) and was looking like helping to cause a cap out for =MM= to put them in the lead and then he was suddenly gone Sad . Sunshine Killer was also doing some huge downage all over the map on support and Encounter was equally brutal with Assault.

Player of the Match: would have been fatty but he chose CS:S over DOD:S!! So the winner is Sunshine Killer who made a huge impact despite their team being down 1 (and then 2) players.

Disclaimer: This writeup was brought to you without the help of screenshots or demos to substantiate how each player actually did so please bear with me if it seems inaccurate. Every effort has been made to keep it as accurate as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nzgn.co.nz
fatteh

PostSubject: Re: 2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3   2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:49 pm

In my defense, just playing in my CSS match has put us into CGo finals. It may turn out to be really good preparation for our first season of CEVO coming up. I apologize to my legion of fans, who were waiting to see me TD prone with a thompson.

BTW, I played for as long as I possibly could, even asking the #3h boys to delay the game for 15 minutes to the annoyance of the other team.
Back to top Go down
perpy

PostSubject: Re: 2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3   2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:14 am

fatteh, its all good mate, honestly!! we dont mind at ALL. you enjoy ya CSS Razz and congrats on that win and whatever all the rest of it means Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3   2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd SemiFinal: uNKNOWN vs =MM= (1) on dod_santos_b3
Page 1 of 1